What’s at Stake: The State of Montana currently loses 18,000 acres of open land each year.
A recent Montana realtor’s poll indicates growth in the Bitterroot Valley on a scale greater than we have experienced over the past few decades. Although much of this growth shapes our community in positive ways, it also impacts the very essence of the Bitterroot:
- Our sprawling, open lands flanked by the Sapphire and Bitterroot mountain ranges
- Our working farms and ranches that carry on our valley’s heritage and help drive our local economy
- Our free-flowing Bitterroot River that serves as the lifeblood of our community
- Our diverse wildlife that depend on these open lands to thrive
- And, our vibrant community that is brought together over a shared love of this place
With more than a dozen families waiting to conserve 10,000 additional acres in the next 5 years, the need and opportunity for conservation is growing faster than our capacity to meet demand.
That’s where you come in.
Our $600,000 campaign goal will greatly increase the pace of local conservation – right here, right now. When you support the “Keep it Bitterroot Campaign,” you are protecting why we all choose to be here by enabling our community to seize once-in-a-lifetime land conservation and access to recreational lands for you, your family, and future Bitterrooters to enjoy now and forever.
With $150,000 left to go to meet our campaign goal, together, we can safeguard our valley’s unique character, prosperous local economy, and vibrant way of life.
It’s up to you to keep the Bitterroot, the Bitterroot – before it’s too late.